Dileep Mouleesha

Monday, September 08, 2008

On a oneway lane called life


I believed that priorities in life, Health, Career and Family, were cyclical. I was in top physical shape, running marathons for fun on weekends. Family was happy as I had recently relocated back to Bangalore. I figured I was in a new job and needed atmost attention.

Started my job as an underdog, I worked like as if I was possessed and in under a year I got an out of turn promotion. Along with I got a bonus of 40 Pounds. Not in currency, but in weight. Thanks to my misconception that the spoon was a shovel. Also, family was getting increasingly uncomfortable with my prolonged absence.

On a much needed vacation our tour guide took us on a treacherous cave-crawl at the end of it we reached a small room. He said this is where the sage is used to meditate and this where he practiced yoga. That’s when it dawned, that those folks who were so busy meditating, without time to shave but made time for physical fitness. It was time for me to act.

Wearing clothes for plus sized people & spending loads of time at home, I have learnt that the priorities in life are not cyclical. Health, Career and Family are 3 parallel threads which need to be catered to independently. And each of them is like an end point of a cob web, if anyone is not taken care of the whole thing snaps!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • "Health, Career and Family are 3 parallel threads which need to be catered to independently"-aww.. so well put!
    Its so ironic.. people loose half of their health in acquiring wealth and then spend half their wealth in getting their health back in shape and we call is being 'successful' and some other foolish who loose their loved ones as well as their health for that above mentioned success
    Wonder y men can't get their balancing act right!

    By Blogger Sushma, at 10:47 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • very true. I am learning the same now. I'll drop by with the books at 8 PM some night. Do you have a call Monday night between and and 9 ?
    Anirban

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

Post a Comment

<< Home