Dileep Mouleesha

Monday, December 04, 2006

Emotion Express


I, like most people, exhibit the basic emotions; Joy, Sadness, Anger, Love, Fear, Shame and Surprise. But how am I different from the rest? What makes me unique? What defines me?

It is said control of these emotions is achieved by controlling the thought that cause them. Thoughts that cause these emotions and how a person reacts to these emotions is categorized as:

1. Desire is the measure of your intent to be the best or to do your best.
- Those with low desire express an “I don’t care” attitude.
- Those with high levels of desire are perfectionist. Since they set goals that are not attainable, they live in constant anxiety.
- I am a perfectionist. My goals (most say it is almost unattainable) is a must reach. Would have shared my dreams with you. But I have promised myself this write up would not be a humorous one.

2. Assertiveness is the measure of the extent to which you believe you can influence the outcome of what you do.
- Those with low assertiveness are easily intimidated. They feel inadequate when someone else succeeds at their expense and tend to support the underdogs.
- Those with high assertiveness are known as killers. They see participation as savage battle rather than an enjoyable challenge, used to protect low self esteem and fear of being humiliated.
- I believe everything I do depends 99.999% on my capability and 0.001% on natural tendency. I believe in human ability and leaving nothing to destiny. God does not exist in my world.

3. Sensitivity is the ability to enjoy without becoming overly distributed at the outcome.
- Those with low sensitivity are known as stonewallers. Nothing can change how they can respond to any situation.
- The super-sensitive respond inappropriately and consider each failure, however slight, as a personal affront.
- I enjoy the journey more than the outcome. The outcome always is ensued by an ambition to reach the next goal. That way my pleasure meter never hits maximum.

4. Tension control is the measure of your ability to remain calm and focused under stress.
- Those with poor tension controls are nervous wrecks. They are unable to control their physical responses to stresses.
- Those with excellent control are known as icebergs. It prevents from taking risks, from enjoying participation or undertaking efforts from improving.
- Could call me an iceberg. Nothing changes my frame of mind. A couple of things have devastated me. Because I never thought that outcome was a possibility. Give me a break.

5. Confidence is the measure of your belief in your ability.
- Those with little confidence are insecure.
- Those with too much confidence are cocky. People are cocky either they use bravado to cover an inner lack of confidence or because they believe they are truly talented.
- Deep inside I fret failure. I live castle of cards built in thin air. So I never let pessimism creep in. And this makes a few people may call me an eternal optimist.

6. Personal accountability is the measure of the extent to which a person extends personal responsibility for his actions.
- Those with low personal accountability tend to hide behind alibis.
- Those with high personal accountability, like perfectionists, feel guilty for everything except a perfect result.
- I need a perfect result. If not, to prevent pessimism setting in I take cover behind an alibi to prove to myself and others that I can do what I set out to do.

7. Self-discipline is the measure of your willingness to develop and persist with a personal game plan.
- Those with low self-discipline are known as the chaotics since they are unable to stick with any plan.
- Those with high self-discipline are known as the lemmings since their mental rigidity prevents them from changing their plans.
- Self-discipline is not upto the mark I should be having. Soda water enthusiasm is what I have. Fizzles out near the fag end. "Burn-out close to the pinnacle" is what I would like to call it.

But as the picture shows, Joy, Sadness, Anger, Love, Fear, Shame and Surprise, no matter what you will always find me smiling. Do you think I need to change?

9 Comments:

  • Its all this added that makes you “U” an individual in every right…..you live your emotions people walk in and out of life with suggestions but its your life…..DONT CHANGE

    live life your way live life king size!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • @Aayisha:
    :)

    By Blogger mouleesha, at 12:16 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • *LCFWS*. Feel like I know you intimately. *wink wink*.

    By Blogger Johnny Bravo, at 6:14 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • Oh, you told me I'm cocky. Which of the scenarios dyu think apply to moi?

    By Blogger Johnny Bravo, at 6:15 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • :-)
    check this out: http://www.paulekman.com/

    mandeep

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • @Mandy:
    the smile means a lot of things and the interpretations are endless.
    1. what a waste of time reading your article.
    2. good write up but what a crock of sh*t
    3. great i dont agree with a single word you say
    4. why did i even visit your blog.
    5. i will call you and tell you the rest in person.
    and i can go on.. so please explain maadi..

    By Blogger mouleesha, at 7:48 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • @negative creep aka homoja..
    me thinks you a brilliant guy.. since you asking for some candid remarks..
    so here it is..
    1. perfectionist
    2. killer
    3. stonewaller
    4. can handle tension very well.. neither extremes..

    now do you know yourself well enough??

    By Blogger mouleesha, at 7:57 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • hey dude.... dont u think u were in a right mood when u wrote this...

    :)

    By Blogger Mayil, at 8:18 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • nim blog naa update maadi!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

Post a Comment

<< Home