Dileep Mouleesha

Saturday, May 06, 2006

authentic kindness




In today’s culturally-dishonest world where you are told by your employer to bill for hours you have not worked and pilgrims-cutting-queues in the temple to get an early glimpse of god; a simple act of kindness touches your inner-conscience.

I visited my alma-mater after eight years; every one of those teachers present welcomed me like a mother would welcome her son who returned home after eight years. As a mother would give the sweets to the apple of her eye when he returned home, one very special teacher saved and offered a chocolate to me. During the initial hesitation, I felt like a ten year old declining the gift but yet wanting it deep inside.

With the little chocolate safely placed in my pocket, this gesture spoke volumes about my teacher, who not only taught me but also help mould my character. I, as a child, was taught to share and eat especially chocolates and ice-cream. But today for once I ate the entire chocolate all by myself because it personified love and kindness bestowed upon me in world where it is in such short supply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home