Dileep Mouleesha

Friday, October 21, 2005

Overrated but Underused


This morning when the sun forced me out of my deep slumber, in my dream I was singing this song, walking alone in a dark avenue bordered by empty buildings.

“I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone”

I definitely was in the twilight of broken dreams, but the reality was that the city was awake and I was the only one rubbing my eyes to adjust to the bright light.

Gazing at a bright red poster of yester year on the wall, the words on it appeared screaming “Don’t live on the edge, get over it”, it dawned to me that if I am lucky; I probably have lived half my life. Sadly, I only have the other half to savor and slog.

I was always told that I had the potential to reach the unsurpassable. Other than some sad excuses for success I have nothing much to proclaim greatness. So far things have just happened to me. Now its time to make things happen to me.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Dileep,
    I went thro' some of your articles..
    U write so well.
    My respect for you has increased even more.
    I never knew u r such a talented guy.
    Still there are so many articles to read.
    Nice to know someone who can express about his feelings and life in words so well.
    I'm happy to be your friend.
    Reshma.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • okkkk.........so u started first!!!! ;)
    Hey somehow I've started falling in love with our art of forming sentences dude.
    For a simple example, if it was me, I could have said nothing more than "I woke up late" but this was substituted by "I was the only one rubbing my eyes to adjust to the bright light".
    Awesome!!! good going.

    Just a punctuation error @ "Don?t", rest else is scripted great!!!


    Selva

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • happy Birthday, a little late but in order.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

Post a Comment

<< Home