Dileep Mouleesha

Friday, June 24, 2005

My yearning

I’ve see people jumping in joy. It’s natural that they jump in joy because they have achieved what they’ve dreamt of.

I want to do that too. But unfortunately I don’t experience such highs at all. You must be thinking “He does not get to his goals, so he does not jump in joy”. Then I must be crying or feeling sad, which I am not either. I tend to be in a band of good spirits, not too happy or not too sad.

I dream about achieving something. Just as I realize I am going to get to my goal I raise the bar for myself. And I am motivated and start aspiring to reach the next goal.

For example, for a fortnight in May all I could think was to finish the 21km half marathon. I practiced religiously everyday during that fortnight. And on the race day I was amazed by the fact, I was able to run so comfortably. It was as simple as walking for me. And 21km seemed so achievable. Couple of kilometers before the finish line I thought I should have been doing the 42 km full marathon instead. Then and there I set my goal of 42 km for the next marathon. And I started making a schedule mentally to achieve it. And now I am working towards it

This happens all the time. Am I too over-ambitious? Or am I outright stupid? Is this normal behavior? I want to experience extreme happiness at least once.

2 Comments:

  • hey this guy looks like me. little less ugly but its okay :)
    and what up with you ??

    >>I want to experience extreme happiness at least once.
    if that is the goal, then measuring happiness doesn't seems to be the best way ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • hey sparkplug,
    we live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is disappearing !! Would you rather raise the bar for yourself every fortnight or be part of the population that settles for "follow the leader" , a kind of superficial and hollow and very very uncreative and morose game of tag ? Would you rather be the the follower than be the leader ? Would you rather live in the moment than look back at the end of your life and regret ???????????
    Your inspiration to settle for nothing less of yourself is commendable!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

Post a Comment

<< Home