Dileep Mouleesha

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

HeartFront...



When I got up in the morning today, little did I know that I would feely gloomy like the weather outside. I was to attend a wedding in the morning, the wedding of a friend from college.

This friend was special. She was my first crush. In spite of my denial that I did not like her one bit, my mind could not think of anything but her during that time. She had the most beautiful smile and was forever bubbly. I would be pushed into a hypnotic spell every time I was around her.

That one year we were together in college, I never had the courage to tell her that she made my heart skip a beat every time I saw her. I let her fade away into the oblivion of my heart.

Not that I wanted something to work between us, I met her years later wanting to tell her that she had a very special place in my heart as she was my first crush. But thanks to the spell she used to cast with her voice and her small antics I could not gather myself to tell her, what she meant to me.

Today when she was standing with her better half on the platform performing her part of the rituals, I felt really happy for her. Because she is betrothed and now married to a really nice guy.

Presently listening to “Lonely” by Akon, I am thinking of all the people whom I let go. I hope I would find my self a companion who would make me feel like the way she used to make me feel.

2 Comments:

  • hi,
    perfectly understandable...the first crush is never ever forgotten.u will prob. never forget this person in your life.her memmory will in fact serve as a comforter and a tormentor at times.comforter-when u feel low and perhaps unloved, u will remember this person fondly. tormentor- when things go wrong, u might just wonder...'what if...'
    that is life ....
    i have had counsellees weeping copiously remembering their first 'loves' years later in life (remember -they come to me when indeed things go wrong) but somewhere in their hearts ,they all know that the memory is only a crutch . is there a guarantee that life would have been any different even if we were with them? no...
    so..first 'love' has to be beheld like a beautiful memory ,of life and emotions unbridled ,when we sailed along with no worries ....
    today, my son speaks of his 'friends' and i understand ,listening.
    i have not told him yet that history repeats itself and life comes full circle!!!!!!
    bye,
    monica

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks...Just had to..


    Just the other night a hometown football game
    My wife and I ran into my old high school flame
    And as I introduced them the past came back to me
    And I couldn’t help but think of the way things used to be.

    She was the one that I’d wanted for all times
    And each night I’d spend prayin’ that God would make her mine
    And if he’d only grant me this wish I wished back then
    I’d never ask for anything again.

    (chorus)
    Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
    Remember when you’re talkin’ to the man upstairs
    That just because he doesn’t answer doesn’t mean he don’t care
    Some of god’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

    She wasn’t quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams
    And I could tell that time had changed me
    Inn her eyes too it seemed
    We tried to talk about the old days
    There wasn’t much we could recall
    I guess the lord knows what he’s doin’ after all.

    And as she walked away and I looked at my wife
    And then and there I thankedd the good lord
    For the gifts in my life.

    *chorus*
    Some of god’s greatest gifts are all too often unanswered...
    Some of god’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

Post a Comment

<< Home