Dileep Mouleesha

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Visualize your dreams

I got into playback theatre to improve my non verbal communication. I must confess that it has helped me with more than what I had thought it would. I learnt visualization.

The entire group stands in a circle; each participant holds their neighbor’s right hand in their left hand and places their right hand in the other neighbor’s left hand. With eyes closed and the group visualizes that they are growing as individuals and in the mind count backwards from 100 to 1. Count 1, 2, 3. Then tell to themselves “this is going to happen”. Count 4, 5, 6. “this will happen”.

The first time I saw this I said to myself “What the ….?”. There was a participant who was a veteran of playback theatre who saw me and said “Dude this has worked for us for 4 years. Do it”. I thought there was nothing to lose and let me try.


I closed my eyes. I imagined I was growing as an individual. It felt good inside. I counted backwards (with lot of difficulty, because my mind would wander off). When I said to myself “this is going to happen and this will happen”, there was a burst of energy which was dormant.


After a couple of sessions, other participants said visualization makes them feels lighter, relaxed and it increased their concentration/focus in their work. But I think this is an altered state of consciousness with positive thoughts.


According to research, the use of altered states of consciousness (hypnosis, meditation, sleep programming) can lead to a transformation of nearly every part of your life. Here's how the theory works: First, you must understand that human beings are structures. The structure of your body is composed of bone, muscle, ligaments. Your brain, however, is given structure by the thoughts and memories that dictate your actions. Your mental programming (all your past thoughts, actions, experiences and learning) provides your brain structure.


Research shows that complex structures (such as the human brain) require an enormous and consistent flow of energy to maintain their structure. The up-and-down pattern of brainwave levels reflects a fluctuation of energy to the brain. The larger the brainwave levels, the larger the fluctuation of energy.


When you are fully awake your brainwave levels would show up as small, up-and-down lines and there is little fluctuation in the level of energy. The small fluctuations of energy are suppressed by the brain. They are compact and allow little new programming to enter.




When you alter your state by means of meditation (or with hypnosis, consciousness when you are crossing over into sleep) there is a large fluctuation in the level of energy in your brain level.

Large fluctuations of energy can cause the structure to break apart and reorganize itself into an even more complex and higher form. That's why suggestions given to an individual in such a state is so effective in creating change. It tears apart old programming and creating new behaviors and viewpoints.


I wanted to put this to a test, before the half marathon. There was very little training I had done. I wanted to do it. Visualization made me believe not running the half marathon was not an option. So I practiced every day and finished the half marathon. I started to believe I could do it and I did it.


In this case the cliché is true “When you don’t consider a suggestion – you are rejecting your own potential”. So start visualizing your dreams and achieve it.

1 Comments:

  • dileep too cool well if any body needs more info about self hypnosis
    and stuff then buy a book by name MIND POWER by CHRISTIAN GODDFFREY
    its wonderful

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 AM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

Post a Comment

<< Home