Dileep Mouleesha

Monday, April 18, 2005

Deja Vu



Last month was very hectic for me. Organizing the School Reunion was a humongous task. I consulted and coordinated with my friends to get the show on the road. The phone never stopped ringing. There was always something to be done. The excitement of seeing old friends and wanting them to have a good time kept me going on and on and on.

It is said "there is always silence after a storm". It is so true. I could feel it after the reunion was over. There was nothing much to do. There were no phone calls to be made or to be received. There was a silence.

This peace took me back to my past. During school days I would wait for the exams to get over. Once the exams were over, there was no quantifiable limit to my boredom. Because of the transition from days where there was no time to think to days where there was nothing else to do but to think.

There was an astounding similarity. It was like Deja-vu (the impression of having seen or experienced something before). Thanks to this reunion, I not only met my old friends, I also got a chance to re-live one of my long lost feelings.

2 Comments:

  • hi dileep,
    nice observation.. As u move on in life, u realize that every moment is precious and its best to look for the positives.
    after a few yrs, memories are all we r left with ,something like a film roll in the camera in the mind...
    so..gather good memories, learn from bad ones and move on...
    (now don't say..'hey- counsellor speaking!'). even if i weren't one, i'd have said this.
    do u know what the late kalpana chawla had said when she saw our earth from space? she had said, from up there, the earth is just a ribbon! and to think that so much goes on there...wars, politics, what not!
    think about it...
    bye,
    monica

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

  • Dear Team,

    Here's what I wrote when I saw Dileep's messages....


    A play called Life...

    Silhouetted; many an outline,
    Of characters in various plots,
    Plays parts of his, hers & mine,
    With shades of all sorts.

    Memories etched in mind,
    Experience, the beacon of light,
    Losses left behind,
    As friends become our might.

    As tears wipe our sins,
    And laughter's the ale,
    As we learn from our wins,
    And through losses we sail.

    From womb to the end,
    Life tells us a lot,
    Through curves and each bend,
    Love, forgive & forget not...

    Shivas Hameed

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 PM  

    Rights reserved for the author.

Post a Comment

<< Home